What can we do for you?
MTI Startup is an early stage investment company, strategically located in the Research Park at USN Campus Bakkenteigen in Vestfold. Here we are co-located with Innovation Norway, Silicia technology incubator, a number of research laboratories, and a large ecosystem of technology companies. Together with our partners, we help an entrepreneur from idea through startup and growth to exit.
This is not a fund. All our investors have extensive experience from start-up businesses, and have a very active role in the selection and follow-up of each company.
Feel free to contact us if you are a potential co-investor with the same mindset/criteria as us.
The incubator has a good offer for all entrepreneurs, and especially those who work towards electronics, micro- and nanotechnology.
- All in software.
- Certainly electronics development and production; For example, sensors, circuit boards, network components, etc.
- All micro and nanotechnology that can harness resources at USN; water purification, energy, materials technology, etc.
Product or service
- The company will show technological solutions with identified advantages in its markets.
- We need to understand the product, and even be able to communicate what it is.
- Certainly solutions within the IoT (Internet of things) and IIot (Industrial Internet of things), artificial intelligence and smart systems.
- The company must have a business idea with significant growth potential.
- Certainly against international markets, but no prerequisite..
- Preferably B2B, B2G, B2B2x.
- The business model must be clear and scalable.
- Certainly subscription models (recurring).
- We are also looking at the company's ability to build barriers in both existing and future competition. Certainly patent.
- We are looking for companies with a clear value base for customers and the environment.
- We are looking for dedicated managers (preferably teams) with considerable experience and ambition to bring the company to the next phase.
- Amenable to guidance.
- Commercial, not just product-oriented.
- Milestones. Normally 0.5 – 2 MNOK in first investment. Clear path for further growth and capitalisation.
- Focus on enterprises priced lower than 10 MNOK.
- Co-investor is usually wanted.
- Board participation and role case-by-case.
We combine private capital with grants and loans from Innovation Norway.
Primarily we look for businesses younger than 2 years with head office in central Eastern Norway.
We work closely with other investment companies, business, academia and other actors who can assist with commercialisation of businesses.
We have no special requirements for segment or industry.
We have no fixed investment horizon. But we must have a common ambition for exit. We are no bank ...
Can offer counselling as a payable service, but not "management for hire".
MTI Startup is an investment community. Decisions on investment are adopted with two-and-a-three majority of investors jointly.
BO-BO Invest AS
Authorized financial analyst with 30+ years of experience. Managed investments on behalf of a group of investors and themselves since 1999.
Jan Wessel Bratterud
Finova AS, Ontogeny Corp. Finance AS
Background from the sale and marketing of IT products and services, as well as 15 years of experience from the purchase, sale and upcapitalization of enterprises.
Investor with portfolio in technology, real estate, retail, and much more. Invests in listed and unlisted businesses.
TTC Invest AS
Investment companies with interests in import, real estate, transportation, and technology. Invests in listed and unlisted businesses.
Hesnes Group is a global shipping group that also has experience from oil trade, aircraft, helicopters, and real estate investments.
Total supplier in mechanical and electromechanical services. Significant expertise in engineering and project.
Long experience from financing, start-up, operations, further development, management and sales of technology companies. Chairman of the Board of MTI.
Investment companies with considerable experience and investments in real estate and technology companies, nationally and internationally.
Microtech Innovation AS
Project and management experience from oil & gas/industry companies.
The flexible system for door opening and control of access to communal garages.
Share contact information and social media account with one click!
Patent-pending supercapacitor technology developed in Norway.
MTI Startup AS
v/ Jan Wessel Bratterud
+47 916 48 411
jan (at) mtias.no
Have you already made an investor presentation?