What can we do for you?
MTI Startup is an early stage investment company, strategically located in the Research Park at USN Campus Bakkenteigen in Vestfold. Here we are co-located with Innovation Norway, Silicia technology incubator, a number of research laboratories, and a large ecosystem of technology companies. Together with our partners, we help an entrepreneur from idea through startup and growth to exit.
This is not a fund. All our investors have extensive experience from start-up businesses, and have a very active role in the selection and follow-up of each company.
Feel free to contact us if you are a potential co-investor with the same mindset/criteria as us.
The incubator has a good offer for all entrepreneurs, and especially those who work towards electronics, micro- and nanotechnology.
- All in software.
- Certainly electronics development and production; For example, sensors, circuit boards, network components, etc.
- All micro and nanotechnology that can harness resources at USN; water purification, energy, materials technology, etc.
Product or service
- The company will show technological solutions with identified advantages in its markets.
- We need to understand the product, and even be able to communicate what it is.
- Certainly solutions within the IoT (Internet of things) and IIot (Industrial Internet of things), artificial intelligence and smart systems.
- The company must have a business idea with significant growth potential.
- Certainly against international markets, but no prerequisite..
- Preferably B2B, B2G, B2B2x.
- The business model must be clear and scalable.
- Certainly subscription models (recurring).
- We are also looking at the company's ability to build barriers in both existing and future competition. Certainly patent.
- We are looking for companies with a clear value base for customers and the environment.
- We are looking for dedicated managers (preferably teams) with considerable experience and ambition to bring the company to the next phase.
- Amenable to guidance.
- Commercial, not just product-oriented.
- Milestones. Normally 0.5 – 2 MNOK in first investment. Clear path for further growth and capitalisation.
- Focus on enterprises priced lower than 10 MNOK.
- Co-investor is usually wanted.
- Board participation and role case-by-case.
We combine private capital with grants and loans from Innovation Norway.
Primarily we look for businesses younger than 2 years with head office in central Eastern Norway.
We work closely with other investment companies, business, academia and other actors who can assist with commercialisation of businesses.
We have no special requirements for segment or industry.
We have no fixed investment horizon. But we must have a common ambition for exit. We are no bank ...
Can offer counselling as a payable service, but not "management for hire".
Jan Wessel Bratterud
Partner at Finova AS
Responsible for selection and negotiation of investment opportunities in MTI Startup. 30+ years of experience in the IT and financial industry.
Have you already made an investor presentation?
MTI Startup is an investment community with commitated capital. Decisions on investment are adopted with a two-and-a-half majority of the Investment Council, where all the owners have a main representative.
Download the executives list
Owner, BO-BO Invest AS
Authorized financial analyst with 30+ years of experience. Managed investments on behalf of a group of investors and themselves since 1999.
Owner, Alden AS
Investor with portfolio in technology, real estate, retail, and much more. Invests in listed and unlisted businesses.
Download the executives list
Controller, Hesnes Group
Hesnes Group is a global shipping group that also has experience from oil trade, aircraft, helicopters, and real estate investments.
Owner, TTC Invest AS
Investment companies with interests in import, real estate, transportation, and technology. Invests in listed and unlisted businesses.
Partner, Finova AS
Long experience from financing, start-up, operations, further development, management and sales of technology companies. Chairman of the Board of MTI.
Owner, Lucienne AS
Investment companies with considerable experience and investments in real estate and technology companies, nationally and internationally.
CEO, OSWO AS
Total supplier in mechanical and electromechanical services. Significant expertise in engineering and project.
CEO, Microtech Innovation AS
Project and management experience from oil & gas/industry companies.
Environmental technology. Treatment of wastewater, sludge and organic waste for the production of biocoal and biooil.
Patent-pending measuring instrument for the oil and gas industry.
MTI Startup AS
v/ Jan Wessel Bratterud
+47 916 48 411
jan (at) mtias.no
Research Park, Borre
From E18 – Take exit 34 towards Rv19. Follow Rv19 and turn right towards Tønsberg at the first roundabout towards Rv325. Follow Rv325, at the first roundabout turn right towards usn. Follow the road to the right, then the first exit to the right. MTI Startup has an office on the 4th floor of Forskningsparken, the building that is right in front of you at the end of the road. Park to the left of Forskningsparken. There are 1400 free parking spaces.