What can we do for you?
MTI Startup is an early-stage investment company, strategically located in the Research Park at USN Campus Bakkenteigen in Vestfold. Here we are co-located with Innovation Norway, Silicia technology incubator, a number of research laboratories, and in a large ecosystem of companies in the field of development and production of technology. Together with our partners, we help an entrepreneur from idea through startup and growth to exit.
This is not a fund. All our investors have extensive experience from start-ups, and have a very active role in the selection and follow-up of each company.
Feel free to contact us if you are a potential co-investor with the same mindset/criteria as us.
The incubator has a good offer for all entrepreneurs, and especially those who work with electronics, micro- and nanotechnology.
- Everything in software.
- Certainly electronics development and production; For example, sensors, circuit boards, network components, etc.
- All of the micro and nanotechnology that can harness resources at USN; water purification, energy, material technology etc.
Product or service
- The company will show technological solutions with identified advantages in its markets.
- We need to understand the product, and even be able to communicate what it is.
- Certainly solutions within IoT (Internet of things) and IIot (Industrial Internet of things), artificial intelligence and smart systems.
- The company must have a business idea with significant growth potential.
- Certainly against international markets, but no prerequisite..
- Preferably B2B, B2G, B2B2x.
- The business model must be clear and scalable.
- Certainly subscription models (recurring).
- We are also looking for the company's ability to build barriers both with regards to existing and future competition. Preferably patents.
- We are looking for companies with a clear value proposition for customers and the environment.
- We are looking for dedicated managers (preferably teams) with considerable experience and ambition to bring the company to the next phase.
- Must be coachable.
- Commercial mindset, not only product oriented.
- Milestone investments. Normally 0.5 – 2 MNOK in first investment. Clear path for further growth and capitalization.
- Focus on businesses priced lower than 10 MNOK.
- Co-investor is most often wanted.
- Board participation and role case-by-case.
We combine private capital with grants and loans from Innovation Norway.
Primarily we are looking for businesses younger than 2 years with head office in central Eastern Norway.
We work closely with other investment companies, business, academia and other actors who can assist in commercialisation of businesses.
We have no special segment or industry requirements.
We have no fixed investment horizon. But we have to have a common ambition for exit. We are no bank ...
Can offer counselling as a payable service, but not "management for hire".
Jan Wessel Bratterud
Partner at Jarlsberg Partners
Responsible for selection and negotiating investment opportunities in MTI Startup. 30+ years of experience from the IT and financial industries.
Have you already made an investor presentation?
MTI Startup is an investment community with commandal capital. Decisions on investment are adopted with a 2/3 majority of the Investment Council, where all the owners have a main representative.
Owner, BO-BO Invest AS
Authorized financial analyst with 30+ years of experience. Managed investments on behalf of a number of investors and themselves since 1999.
Owner, Alden AS
Investor with portfolio in technology, real estate, retail, and much more. Invests in listed and unlisted businesses.
Controller, Hesnes Group
The Hesnes Group is a global shipping group that also has experience from oil trading, aircraft, helicopters, and real estate investments.
Owner, TTC Invest AS
Investment companies with interests in import, real estate, transport, and technology. Invests in listed and unlisted businesses.
Partner, Jarlsberg Partners AS
Long experience from financing, start-up, operations, further development, management and sales of technology companies. Chairman of mti.
Owner, Lucienne AS
Investment companies with considerable experience and investments in real estate and technology companies, nationally and internationally.
CEO, OSWO AS
Total supplier in mechanical and electromechanical services. Significant expertise in engineering and project.
CEO, Microtech Innovation AS
Project and management experience from companies in oil & gas / industry.
MTI Startup AS
v/ Jan Wessel Bratterud
+47 916 48 411
Jan (at) mtias.no
From E18 – Take the exit 34 towards Rv19. Follow Rv19 and turn right towards Tønsberg in the first roundabout towards Rv325. Follow Rv325, in the first roundabout turn right towards USN. Follow the road to the right, then the first exit to the right. MTI Startup has an office on the 4th floor of forskningsparken, built that is right in front of you at the end of the road. Parker to the left of Forskningsparken. There are 1400 free parking spaces.